I ask why, not who, BUT WHY!?
I love you too.
I ask why, not who, BUT WHY!?
I love you too.
Good ol’ helical magazines are showing up more and more.. I can dig it.
The Becker semi-auto Revolving Shotgun,
No I did not get my gun terminology wrong, this is a semi-automatic revolver. Designed in 1899 these interesting revolving shotguns were not produced until after World War I. Made in Germany, it was a five shot 16 gauge shotgun with a revolving cyclinder. Shells were inserted into a loading port on the right hand side, and also automatically ejected with each shot. The most interesting thing is this is not a double action or single action revolver, it is a semi-auto revolver. For the first shot the user cocked a lever near the top of the barrel. The force from each subsequent shot works a mechanism which turns the cylinder and cocks the gun.
Made by Romerwork in Suhl, only 100 of these uniques shotguns would be produced.
Small arms of the USSR/Russian Federation, Part 1.
Soviet small arms from around 1900 - 1990. Includes experimental prototypes.
10 Strange Ways To Stay Healthy [infographic]
My Friday nights never change…
I’m in this upcoming issue of Juxtapoz because an advertiser for X-Ray specs backed out at the last minute and that charming golem, Alex Pardee, asked me to jump in.
You should probably pick it up, yeah? Seriously. I reveal my true, fly-head form.
In what may be my greatest art-related experience since I ate an entire family of live armadillos as a performance art piece back in 2002, I just finished curating the ENTIRE HALLOWEEN ISSUE OF JUXTAPOZ MAGAZINE!
The issue hits newsstands all over the world in a few days on September 11, and I can’t wait to show it off. The issue is packed full of artists who have influenced me for years, as well as some newer artists that are creating their own worlds in every aspect of art from scribbling on paper to making video games. Evan & the rest of the Juxtapoz staff were amazingly supportive of letting me showcase who I wanted and how I wanted to do it, which means that the issue has a good-sized fistful of absurdity amidst its Halloweenishness. Pink vomit, human bats, M. Night Shyamalan, the internet, dog dicks, old men, and a comic book artist who tried to give The Joker a vagina are just SOME of the fun things included amongst the articles and art that I have gathered together for this issue. Also, keep your computers and phones tuned, as I, along with my fine surgically-attached brethren at Zerofriends, will be curating the online content of Juxtapoz as well. So please check out the Halloween issue of Juxtapoz when it comes out next week! You will make us all happy! And by all I mean the huge list of artists featured in it, which includes Sam Kieth, Dave Correia, Jon Wayshak, myself, Jhonen Vasquez, Nychos, Allison Sommers, L’amour Supreme, Edmund McMillen and so much more madness that I want to vomit on myself .
WAT’S GOIN’ ON!!!!!!!!
Oh, Hydrogen Peroxide. You do so many things. You deserve more attention.
Here’s a list of the many benefits of Hydrogen Peroxide!
1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle).
2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of “Peroxide” to keep them free of germs.
3. Clean your counters with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
5. One man reports, “I had a fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry. All gone.”
6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. A nurse reports that she has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.
7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.
9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
10. If you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it’s not a drastic change.
11. Put half of a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there are protein stains on clothing, pour it directly on the spot, let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with water. Repeat if necessary.
13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.
14. Use 3% Hydrogen peroxide for removing blood stains – especially if they are fairly fresh. Pour directly on the soiled spot, let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary. It is a great bleaching agent for stubborn stains on white clothes. Combine ½ c. hydrogen peroxide and 1 t. ammonia for a great stain removal combination.
15. Use hydrogen peroxide to bleach delicate items such as wool or wool blends. Soak them overnight in a solution of one part 3% hydrogen peroxide to eight parts cold water. Launder according to care instructions.
*Also, if you have a dog that you need to get to vomit (like if they ate a bunch of chocolate), make them swallow hydrogen peroxide. Give it to them a few teaspoons at a time.*
just putting this here
And usually just .99!
all of this. peroxide is underrated
As a habitual dental hygiene obsesser, I approve this post :-)
Also it helps clean off animal bones. Just soak them in H2O2 for a while and they’ll be easier to clean. Bonus: they also turn really white.